Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Of Libraries and Group Study

Today I had to go to the campus library for my science group study. Which is pretty much pointless, all we do is fill out a little worksheet the the teacher assigns us and go on our merry little ways. It's usually not worth the walk because there arn't even any treats involved!!!

It dosn't
make me smile.

Today as I was leaving the study rooms I decided to go meandering thourgh the bookshelves to see if there was anything interesting since i had about 45 min till cloggin class started... and had no desire to work on my english paper that's due tonight! so somehow I ended up in the sports and games section where i found a couple good books. 5 to be exact! all of which I checked out as I thought about hurrying to clogging since i would probably be late... but I'm much to lazy to hurry :)

So heres the books that I got:

Savate
- I guess it's a french martial art alot like kickboxing... only without the boxing part! I rember seeing part of an old cowboy movie call "Savate" where the main character was involved in prizefighting or somthing. and he kicked the crap out of everybody.
The Art of Juggling- yes... this was in the sports section... I just figgured that I'd brush up on my already sweet skills.
The Traditional Boywers Bible- part 1 of a trilogy that explains how to make archery equipment, i actually have part 2 and 3 at home... why? because I am going to be an Indian some day.

An Introduction to Magic- also in the sports section... eventually I plan to be good enough to make anyuthing disappear. for example, things like. Ohhh... lets say... just of the top of my head... lazy roomates that don't clean up after themselves, daily quizes in religion class and oprah.
Electric Foil Fencing- As I skimmed through this one it has alot of stuff that I already know because, well, I'm a fencing master! But It has funny pictures of people getting stabbed :) so i couldn't resist.


The point of this story being... next time skip group study and just go read a book! you can learn alot more from them. and with all the rain we're getting I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to master them all!!!

6 comments:

  1. Alex...you're so Alex. You make me laugh =) Just try to resist using your magic skills on me. I don't really want to disappear. If you could make me fly though, that would be cool =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Stick bug!!! It seriously took me like thirty seconds to figure out why you took a picture of a stick =) did you find this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pictures... when are you going to put more on here. I am dying to see the ones you took in Missouri or was that Misery? Thanks for going with us, it was a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like my yard! Was that stick bug from last fall or this last visit? We haven't seen any big stickbugs yet, so it must have been fall. Maybe they are still growing up. :-) Thanks for coming to see us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice of books! Keep on posting...unca dale

    ReplyDelete
  6. yep the stick bug was form last fall! i just didn't have any current pictures of anything with rain in them!

    ReplyDelete