Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ye Ol Chuck a Rama


So tonight, like most Saturday nights, I spent my evening in the most magical place on earth... Chuck-a-rama, where you are teleported to a heavenly place full of good hardy food and old-fashioned desserts with all you can drink non-alcholic beverages! All for the low price of just 11.65 per person for ages 12 and over with a 10% discount for seniors 60 and over... consequently this is also where I work.
Some days I am a cashier, other days I'm a host and show people to their seats but most of the time I am a server. Servers get people thier drinks, clear away dirty plates, generally smile alot and bus the tables and booths after the people have left. They also keep an eye on the desserts and make sure that they are kept fresh and looking delectable... It's easy to get tired of dealing with the mess that's left behind and overwhelmed trying to keep people from seeing the bottom of their glasses.
I'm not gonna lie... I'm dang good at my job most days. I keep things clean, I'm efficient, I go out of my way to make things easier for my co-workers (including my managers) and am attentive to my customers. sometimes I don't do things jsut because I outright forget them, and by no means am I a chatty Cathy that sits there and learns everyones life story by the time their done eating, but I am friendly and do my best to create a good experience for those sitting in my section... so it dosn't make me smile when people (including my managers) don't appreciate how hard I work or the little things I do for them, espically if they just assume that I'm supposed to do it in the first place.

So I guess what I'm getting at is this: It's a dang good thing they have such good food or else I woulda been outta there a long time ago! :)

3 comments:

  1. You're the best, Max!...unca dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the secret of life...continuting to serve those who are ungrateful while you keep smiling.....because you are not of one them ( that's part of the secret! Like being immune to ioccane powder!) Ha! Ha! Ha!.....just smile and wave boys! Just smile and wave! - M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm....well from what I hear, they've got you working the wrong job. You should be a cook!!!

    ReplyDelete